My Book Boyfriend #30 - Lord Greco

Tuesday, September 13, 2011


My Book Boyfriend is by the awesome blogger Missie at The Unread Reader.   What is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out Missie blog The Unread Reader

This week's pick is:
Lord Rodolfo Greco
from The River of Time Series by Lisa Tawn Bergren

I fought the urge to stare back at him.  Because he appeared more the Roman god than ever, all six feet of him, his olive skin glistening with oils beneath his white toga, tied at his waist.


(Warning:  The following quotes make contain some spoilers for Torrent.  So just look at the pretty picture if you don't want any spoilers)
He stilled, staring down at me so intently that he breathed in short huffs, as if he was holding his breath for a second at a time.  He shook his head again.  "Do not tempt me, Gabriella," he whispered.  "I am doing all I can."  He leaned closer and truly--it was someone else was controlling my body--I lifted my face closer to his.

He bent and took hold of my waist in his hands and lifted me up to it, then settled my slippered feet into the stirrups.  All the while he cast me small, lingering glances with his gorgeous, smoky-hot eyes, making me shift in the saddle, feeling uncomfortably warm.

I leaned into him, resting my face against his chest, feeling the ba-dump of his heartbeat, thinking.  And he wrapped his arms around me and remained still, waiting giving me time to think, stroking my back, my arms, holding his breath as if he wanted to say more and then thought better of it. 

What do you think of Lord Rodolfo Greco?

Have you read the River of Time series? 
Who is your favourite? Marcello? Luca? Rodolfo?

Thanks to Missie for hosting this meme!

Don't forgot to join in on Waterfall Wednesday all this month!


*** Missie, Jenny & Tina - Lord Greco is all MINE!

33 comments:

A.J. said...

I don't know him yet, but man... That is a very nice pic, Nic. He looks really good. X3

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Ahh, yes. Lord Greco. A fine choice for a MBB! Thanks for finding such a handsome picture for him...medieval photos are hard to dig up! But I think it represents him well.

And those scenes...*sigh* The man does have a way of turning a girl's heart this way and that, doesn't he???

Giselle said...

YUM!! HE kinda looks like Eric Northman on True Blood!

Serena Chase said...

What is it about Bad Boys that make our hearts go pitterpatter? Ahh, Lord Greco... you are my guilty pleasure crush, for sure... but in the end, when it counts, I'm a Marcello girl.

Belle said...

Yum! I skipped the spoilery quotes coz I'm keen to read the series soon, but that photo was more than enough anyway! Oh my lord...

Book Crook Liza said...

I also skipped the quotes - I have this on my kindle and I'm about to read the series as well! I'M DEFINITELY READING THIS ASAP NOW! :)

Lovely eye candy! Siiiigh!

Jenny said...

I think we have already discussed that I will do unspeakable things to anyone who tries to take Greco from me. As much as I adore you Nic, this includes you. Be on the lookout, I'm stealthy like you would not believe, you won't even know Greco's missing till it's too late ;-)

LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

Kara and Chant said...

He's perfect! I am in love with this series! In love! Did you know she put out a excerpt for a 4th book on her site? It is from Lia's perspective. Love your blog!

Rebecca (RivkaBelle) said...

I just met Lord Greco last night, reading Cascade...he's an interesting creature. I have a feeling I might feel "conflicted" as I keep reading the series, re: Marcello and Lord Greco. Greco has a mystery, and I wanna find it out...hmm...ps: Super pic!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Greco in a white toga! Can you imagine it. *le melt* How Gabi had the will power to climb out the window instead, I'll never know.

That is a BEAUTIFUL Greco you picked. I swear, you have a magic touch.

Savannah said...

Alright, I will admit that I would faint to just have his hottie arm around me! LOL. No, I'm being serious. I love the pictures! Swoons!

Anonymous said...

Can't read the quotes! I'm half way through Cascade... My bf is still Marcello. For the moment anyway!

Jenny N. said...

I see that there is no shortage of hot guys in this series. I think I'll read this series just to get to know the hotties.

Rummanah Aasi said...

All of your MBB's for this series has got me so pumped up to read these books!

Anonymous said...

NOMMM NOOOmmm NooomMMMM- Good night Nic what did I tell you about kidnapping my Greco...he's probably scared and confused!!!!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Okay... I just stared at the pic as you recommended. You know that is dangerous as now I want to nosh on him. Yum! I think he would look good in my harem...

What? I didn't say anything! ;D

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Um, YES.

How are all the characters in this series so freaking awesome?!

Aylee said...

Who the heck is this guy that people keep talking about? Presumably I'll have to read the sequel to Waterfall to find out - I look forward to it :)

Marathon said...

Um, yum.
That's all I can manage under his heated stare.

I want so badly to read Torrent!

A Canadian Girl said...

I told Missie our friendship ended when she tried to steal Lord Greco from me and now I guess I'll have to cut you off too ;P I love the pic you picked!

Bailey said...

OMIGOODNESS he is delicious! I read Waterfall but now I definitely have to read the next two. =)

Jacquelynne said...

Oh my deliciousness! I have no read this series yet but it has definitely made it on my to read list after those quotes! I am in love with that picture though ... *swoon* dreamyyyy!

Anonymous said...

LOL
this series keeps climbing up my to buy list!

He sounds delicious! :D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I think my boyfriend is getting a complex watching me lust over book boyfriend after book boyfriend. I think I'm going to need a life-sized replica of him. Would that be ok?

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

Nic, I thought we talked about this. Rodolfo is mine now that he is no longer...*obligated* to marry Gabi. I have even found a matching Toga so he doesn't even need a change of outfit. ;D

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

Abbey said...

I know i've said this but i have to buy these books!
Those quote are just.. sigh (especially the last two, yum)
and that picture!
Nic you are made to do Book boyfriend posts!

Book Passion for Life said...

Mmm I like Lord Greco. He's nomish! Awesome pick! I didn't read the quotes because of spoilers. So I looked at the pretty picture instead.
-Jess

Alyssa Kirk said...

Oh, he's dreamy! Gotta go stare some more!

Small Review said...

ooooh nice picture! I can't pick a favorite. I think I'll take a RoT series man harem, please!

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

emmegailsbookshelf did Sir Marcello Forelli for her book boyfriend this week... boy don't I need to pick this book up if all these hotties are in it!!

Great post as usual, I love your book boyfriends, they always rock!!

-thank you&come again.

Kirsten said...

I have to say Rodolfo stole my heart as soon as I met him. I've always related better to him than Marcello, not sure why. Either way, now that Gabi dumped him, all the more Greco for meeeee! >:)

Anonymous said...

What's the model's name? Does any one know? He is hot=]

Movers in Qatar said...

Such a wonderful character played by Rodolfo

Moving now is one of the best packers and movers company in Qatar. People who are relocating and moving around during this season of Corona and need in help of relocating. MovingNow is readily available for helping them to relocate anywhere, anytime.

Movers Qatar
Movers Doha
Movers in Qatar
Movers in Doha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara